Sensu has two Prometheus plugins: the Prometheus Collector and the Prometheus Pushgateway Handler. Both help you get Sensu observability data into Prometheus.
NOTE: The Sensu Prometheus plugins are examples of Sensu’s time-series and long-term event storage integrations. To find more integrations, search Bonsai, the Sensu asset hub.
Sensu Prometheus Collector
The Sensu Prometheus Collector plugin is a Sensu check that collects metrics from a Prometheus exporter or the Prometheus query API and outputs the metrics to stdout in Influx, Graphite, or JSON format.
- Turn Sensu into a super-powered Prometheus metric poller with Sensu’s publish/subscribe model and client auto-registration (discovery) capabilities.
- Configure your Sensu instance to deliver the collected metrics to a time-series database like InfluxDB or Graphite.
- Specify custom values for Sensu event metric points via metric tags.
- Keep metrics endpoint authentication information secure with Sensu environment variables and secrets management.
Sensu Prometheus Pushgateway Handler
The Sensu Prometheus Pushgateway Handler plugin is a Sensu handler that sends Sensu metrics to a Prometheus Pushgateway, which Prometheus can then scrape.
- Collect metrics by several means, including 20-year-old Nagios plugins with perfdata, and store them in Prometheus.
- Use default Prometheus metric type, job name, and instance name or specify custom values for Sensu event metric points via metric tags.
Get the plugins
To build your own workflow or integrate Sensu with existing workflows, add the Sensu Prometheus plugins with a dynamic runtime asset from Bonsai, the Sensu asset hub. Dynamic runtime assets are shareable, reusable packages that make it easier to deploy Sensu plugins.