COMMERCIAL FEATURE: Access the Sensu ServiceNow Handler integration in the packaged Sensu Go distribution. For more information, read Get started with commercial features.
The Sensu ServiceNow Handler plugin is a Sensu handler that creates and updates ServiceNow incidents and events based on observation data from Sensu events.
PRO TIP: Use the Sensu Catalog to enable this integration directly from your browser. Follow the Catalog prompts to configure the Sensu resources you need and start processing your observability data with a few clicks.
- Automatically create a ServiceNow Configuration Item if none currently exists for a particular Sensu entity.
- Tunable arguments: use Sensu annotations to set custom incident notes, event information, Configuration Item descriptions, and more in ServiceNow.
- Use event-based templating to include observation data from event attributes to add meaningful, actionable context to ServiceNow incidents, events, and Configuration Items.
- Keep your ServiceNow username and password secure with Sensu environment variables and secrets management.
Get the plugin
For a turnkey experience with the Sensu ServiceNow Handler plugin, use one of our curated, configurable quick-start templates:
- ServiceNow Incident Management: send Sensu observability alerts to ServiceNow Incident Management.
- ServiceNow Event Management: send Sensu observability data to ServiceNow Event Management.
- ServiceNow Configuration Management Database (CMDB): register Sensu entities as configuration items in ServiceNow CMDB.
You can also add the Sensu ServiceNow Handler plugin with a dynamic runtime asset from Bonsai, the Sensu asset hub, to build your own workflow or integrate Sensu with your existing ServiceNow workflows. Dynamic runtime assets are shareable, reusable packages that make it easier to deploy Sensu plugins.